Subclass 190 Visa

Skilled Nominated

The Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa replaces both the offshore Skilled – Sponsored Subclass 176 visa and the onshore Subclass 886 visa.
It is a permanent visa which requires nomination by a State or Territory Government.

SkillSelect Only Application

In order to apply for a Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa, you must first lodge an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect and be invited by the Department of Immigration (DIAC) to apply.

Once you are invited to apply for a skilled visa, you must lodge your application within 60 days, otherwise the invitation lapses. .

Visa Criteria

In order to qualify for a Subclass 190 visa, you would need to:

• Be nominated by a State or Territory Government
• Meet the pass mark in the skilled migration points test – currently 60.
• Be aged between 18 and 49 inclusive
• Pass Skills Assessment in an occupation on the relevant Skilled Occupations List
• Have Competent English or higher (6 minimum in IELTS or holder of approved passports)
• Meet health and character requirements

Nomination by a State or Territory Government

Each State and Territory Government publishes a list of occupations in short supply in their area. There may be specific requirements in terms of work experience, English language ability or specialised skills.

The applicable occupations list if nominated by a state or territory government is the Specific Skilled Occupations List
The applicable occupations list if nominated by a state or territory government is the Consolidated Skilled Occupations List (CSOL) – the same as for the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and 457 visa

On-Shore or Off-shore Lodgement

• You can either be in Australia or overseas when you apply
• To lodge from within Australia, you would need to hold a substantive visa or a Bridging A, B or C visa.
• Once you apply from within Australia, you would receive a bridging visa allowing you to remain in Australia during processing of your visa application.

Including Family Members

You can include the following types of family members in your application:

• Spouses, defacto partners
• Dependent children
• Spouses, defacto partners and dependent children can be added after lodgement of the application
• Other dependent family members – parents who live with you and are financially dependent. But other dependent family members must be included at lodgement.

Duration and Conditions

The visa is a permanent visa, allowing applicants to remain in Australia indefinitely with full work rights.

If you are outside Australia when the visa is granted, you and your family members will need to enter Australia for the first time prior to expiry of your health and police clearances.

Please contact us if you would like assistance with your Skilled Independent visa application.